Thursday, October 11, 2012

Caetano Veloso

Meet the newest member of our little home: Caetano! He is the most amazing of little cats, and speaks Portuguese! Taking his name from on of Brazil's most famous singers, Caetano Veloso, our little guy has quite the singing voice!



And here's a trailer from the moive that inspired his name:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS8uhFa0MYg

This documentary is about Tropicalismo, a revolutionary musical movement in the late sixties that has had a lasting impact on Brazilian culture, even up to this day. I saw it on Monday in theaters and was much intrigued by the music and the passion. I was also excited because it was my first Brazilian national film to see in theaters, and I was able to follow fairly well with my limited knowledge of the beautiful Portuguese language.

3 comments:

  1. Caetano is a cutie!! Interesting coloring. Is he sitting on a phone receiver? ha

    That is a huge milestone - to be able to follow a movie in Portuguese! Way to go ;D

    I tried to look at the trailer but it did not allow viewing. There are several of Caetano Veloso's songs on YouTube - I loved everything I heard - it was so beautiful and mellow. Then I noticed Tropicalia at a live concert - more toward rock. Is this related to the movie at all? Here's the address:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9754NizSyIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's on our phone. And yes that's Caetano in the video :)

      Delete
  2. Aww, by the time I'm reading this, the video link is no longer active. :( but Caetano is really cute!!

    ReplyDelete